The EBRP project opens a 4 years (2+2) post-doc position for appointment from March
1st 2020 or soon after. The position is open for 2 years and may be extended for two
The position is based in Paris and provides the opportunity to visit partner sites in
The research will focus on the development of tools and domain theories using the
Rodin platform. In particular, the candidate will handle the development of the
plug-In on the Roding platform devoted to the definition of domain theories, the
associated proof system and their use in Event-B models. In addition, she/he will
contribute to disseminate her/his results through publications, demonstrations and
The hired person will be integrated to the EBRP project consortium made of academic
institutions and industrial partners. She/he will evolve in an international context
and will contribute to the dissemination of the results of the project. In addition,
she/he will be taking part to the international consortium of Rodin users.
– Please note that screening of applications starts immediately and will continue
until a candidate is selected. Therefore, early applications are encouraged.
– It is not required to speak French for this position. English speaking is enough
and the hired person will evolve in an international environment.
EBRP (Enhancing Event-B and Rodin Platform) is a 4 years (2020-2023) French ANR
funded project. Its purpose is to enhance Event-B and the corresponding RODIN
toolset. Its main objective is to design a framework to ease complex system
development with Event-B using shared and reusable domain theories.
The hired person will carry the development of the new Theory Plug-In to be integrated
to the Rodin platform together with the formal development of mathematical theories,
their instantiation and their use in formal system developments. She/he will address
the consistency of the defined theories together with the integration of various
provers to establish the proofs of theorems.
The resulting work will be disseminated through publications, demonstrations and
This work will be realised with the collaboration of the partners of the project.
– The candidate shall hold a PhD degree in computer science.
– Experience in formal modelling and verification. An experience in the use and
development of refinement and proof based formal methods is a plus.
– Good coding skills and mastering tool development in a collaborative setting.
Experience with Eclipse is suited.
– Hosting institution. The hired person will be based in the LRI-CentraleSupelec lab
(main hosting institution) in the plateau de Saclay (south of Paris). She/he will
have to spend part of his time with the partners of the project (Aix-en-Provence(FR),
Dusseldorf (GE), Nancy(FR), Paris (FR), Southampton (UK) and Toulouse(FR)).
– Gross salary: 2600 – 2800 Euros per month
– Opening of the position. March 2020 or soon after.
The EBRP consortium is committed to equality and diversity and welcomes applications
from all sections of the community.
Applicants should send
– A statement detailing
* the motivations and reasons for applying,
* qualifications in relation to the position
– A curriculum Vitae
– Copies of held diplomas, with possible French or English translation
– Qualifications related to the position
– References and recommendations from persons scientifically close to the
The application should be sent by email to Yamine AIT AMEUR (email@example.com)
Partners of the EBRP project
– Project Leader. IRIT – Toulouse (Yamine Ait Ameur) with the collaboration of
Jean-Raymond Abrial and Systerel company (Laurent Voisin)
– LRI-CentraleSupelec – Plateau de Saclay (Idir Ait Sadoune)
– LACL – Créteil (Régine Laleau)
– LORIA – Nancy (Dominique Méry)
– Univ. Dusseldorf (Michael Leuschel)
– Univ. Southampton (Michael Butler)