PhD and post-doc position in probabilistic verification at TU Munich
PhD and post-doc position in the Formal Methods for Software
Reliability group of TU Munich led by prof. Jan Kretinsky
Area: quantitative verification
Topics: analysis of probabilistic systems (Markov decision processes,
stochastic games, chemical reaction networks), automata theory and
temporal logic, machine learning in verification, building model
checkers (also verified by automated theorem proving) etc.
We are looking for candidates highly interested in theoretical CS
research who will fit our enthusiastic and collaborative group spirit.
PhD: The candidate is expected to have some background in theoretical
computer science, including some of the following areas: automata,
logic, games, verification/model checking, probabilistic or timed
systems, automated theorem proving (Isabelle, Coq).
Post-doc: The applicant is expected to have a solid publication record
in theoretical CS. Experience with biological applications, robotics
applications, or machine learning is also appreciated.
- International and gender-balanced group
- Dynamic and collaborative work style
- Flexible working hours, home office possibilities etc.
- Full-time research position on the (standard German) TV-L E13 pay
scale, i.e. over €50k gross and over €30k net p.a.
- Generous travel and equipment funds
- Numerous international collaboration opportunities
- CS department of TU Munich is a vibrant international environment,
regularly among top 30 CS departments worldwide
- Munich is regularly among the very top cities w.r.t. the quality of life
The call is out: https://www7.in.tum.de/~kretinsk/positions.html
Applications online by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with attached CV,
transcript of records, motivation letter, and references
Deadlines: the positions are to start in Summer or as negotiated;
applications are due by May 2 but may continue until the positions are
Please contact email@example.com for any further information.